As you know, I'm reconstructing the blog. As I've gone through old posts, I've found some that need to be posted now. This is one of many posts I've discovered on Mancoat and shared with my readers through the years. It turns out that one of our stalwarts there, Chrisvet, found this blast from the past! It's a list of eleven tips for male managers supervising female employees working for mass transit services. This is good stuff. Thank you, Chrisvet! Now, on with this EXCELLENT piece...
eleven tips on getting more efficiency out of women employees
by L.H. Sanders March 7, 2005
From the July 1943 edition of Mass Transportation magazine, written for male supervisors of women in the work force during World War Two.
There’s no longer any question whether transit companies should hire women for jobs formerly held by men. The draft and manpower shortage has settled that point. The important things now are to select the most efficient women available and how to use them to the best advantage. Here are eleven helpful tips on the subject from western properties:
1) If you can get them, pick young married women. They have these advantages, according to the reports of western companies: they usually have more of a sense of responsibility than do their unmarried sisters; they’re less likely to be flirtatious; as a rule, they need the work or they wouldn’t be doing it – maybe a sick husband or one who’s in the army; they still have the pep and interest to work hard and to deal with the public efficiently.
Back when married women kept the home, they HAD to be efficient; they didn't have all the labor saving devices that we take for granted today. In fact, when you view the ladies' blogs (all of whom are homemakers themselves) to whom I link, a recurring theme they have deals with time managment.
2) When you have to use older women, try to get ones who have worked outside the home at some time in their lives. Most transportation companies have found that older women who have never contacted the public, have a hard time adapting themselves, are inclined to be cantankerous and fussy. It’s always well to impress upon older women the importance of friendliness and courtesy.
This is a rather telling comment in more ways that one!
3) While there are exceptions, of course, to this rule, general experience indicates that “husky” girls – those who are just a little on the heavy side – are likely to be more even-tempered and efficient than their underweight sisters.
4) Retain a physician to give each woman you hire a special physical examination – one covering female conditions. This step not only protects the property against the possibilities of lawsuit but also reveals whether the employee-to-be has any female weaknesses which would make her mentally or physically unfit for the job. Transit companies that follow this practice report a surprising number of women turned down for nervous disorders.
And feminazis try selling us on the BALDERDASH that men and women are the same-yeah, right! And I'd like to know what this chap means by 'nervous disorders'-things that make you go hmmmm...
5) In breaking in women who haven’t previously done outside work, stress at the outset the importance of time – the fact that a minute or two lost here and there makes serious inroads on schedules. Until this point is gotten across, service is likely to be slowed up.
Women always have to fuss over how they look; talk to friends; or otherwise waste time when you need to leave RIGHT NOW! In fact, in the movie, "Jersey Girl", opens with Ben Affleck & J Lo (who were a married couple in the movie) arguing because he has to get to an important, company party while she is fussing at the mirror and acting like a brat! I think that she was supposed to be pregnant at the time, but she still had NO RESPECT for the importance of her husband's time at all-none! If a chick pulls that crap with me, I just kick her to the curb. I have NO PATIENCE WHATSOEVER for late people. It seems that most of them are women now that I think about it...
6) Give the female employe in garage or office a definite day-long schedule of duties so that she’ll keep busy without bothering the management for instructions every few minutes. Numerous properties say that women make excellent workers when they have their jobs cut out for them but that they lack initiative in finding work themselves.
There it is! Women do NOT have initiative that I've noticed. Ever wonder why there's a dearth of female inventors? It's because they don't have the same intiative, drive, and curiosity that a man does. It's not because she was oppressed by the big, bad Patriarchy...
7) Whenever possible, let the inside employe change from one job to another at some time during the day. Women are inclined to be nervous and they're happier with change.
8) Give every girl an adequate number of rest periods during the day. Companies that are already using large numbers of women stress the fact that you have to make some allowances for feminine psychology. A girl has more confidence and consequently is more efficient if she can keep her hair tidied, apply fresh lipstick and wash her hands several times a day.
What is it with women and their vanity?! What's even worse are the metrosexual guys who are like that-sheesh! One of the things I like about being a man is that life is simple for me; from start to finish, it only takes me about 20-30 minutes to get ready to go somewhere-and that's if I shower & shave! With women, you're talking HOURS...
9) Be tactful in issuing instructions or in making criticisms. Women are often sensitive; they can’t shrug off harsh words the way that men do. Never ridicule a woman – it breaks her spirit and cuts her efficiency.
Women are often sensitive? Try ALWAYS sensitive-sheesh! Even if you use the wrong tone of voice with a chick, she'll have a hissy fit! Things that a guy wouldn't bat an eye at make chicks go ballistic! One of the things I don't miss about working with women is their hyper sensitivity to anything and everything. Now, thanks to feminist indoctrination, it's even worse; what's more, these women can and will ruin your life-all because you looked at them the wrong way...
10) Be reasonably considerate about using strong language around women. Even though a girl’s husband or father may swear vociferously, she’ll grow to dislike a place of business where she hears too much of this.
If women still acted like ladies as they did when this was originally written, I'd have no problem with this. Nowadays though, women are even MORE profane than men are! And I thought that drunken sailors talked badly...
11) Get enough size variety in operator uniforms that each girl can have a proper fit. This point can’t be stressed too strongly as a means of keeping women happy, according to western properties.
Here we go with women and their vanity again...
This feature was first published on section15.ca’s predecessor site CoolWomen.
Was that good stuff or what? I thought so! Thanks again to Chrisvet for finding this excellent piece. Man, if that were published today, oy vey! Heads would ROLL for this! OMG, they're dissing women-waaaaahhhhh! They're saying that women are different-waaahhhh! Off with the man's head! How DARE he oppress women like this! Thanks to feminazis and their politically corect, fascist allies, we no longer have the freedom of speech to call a spade a freakin' shovel. Oh well, that's why you have me! Have a nice day, and it's good to be back-even if it's not @ 100% yet...