19 December 2015

When Air Travel Was Fun & Glamorous!

Hey Guys,

I don't have much to say these days, so I don't get on here much anymore.  I'm not angry with women, feminism, etc.; things are what they are, and that's that.  Also, with the growth of the manosphere in both terms of quantity and quality, I simply do not have anything to say anymore that someone else isn't doing better.

Having said that, when I see something that interests me, I'll pass it on to the 5-10 readers I still have left-hahaha.  They say that the old days weren't always so good, but that is not true for air travel.  I know, because I flew out to my brother's for Thanksgiving; those regional jets are like sardine cans with wings-ouch!  The EMBRAER EMB-145 is decent for an RJ with only three seats across.  Unfortunately, the Canadair CRJ 700 is torture with four across seating.

I'll be flying down to Lima, Peru next week; though that's on a Boeing 757, it's not much better if you're in economy or coach; economy plus, which you pay extra for, makes it somewhat tolerable, but that's it; even in economy plus, eight hours is no picnic.  Thankfully, I had some extra money for business class, so I could actually-gasp-enjoy my trip this time!  I had to pay more for this, of course, but when you're talking eight hours each way, it's well worth it for me.

Things weren't always like this when it came to air travel; at one time, it was actually fun, luxurious, and even glamorous!  I remember my late mother telling me how, on flights out to California, they'd have a table between their seats.  After seeing an old, 1950 Pan Am film about their then new Boeing Stratocruiser, it's true;  you see passengers playing bridge with one another.  There was a time when airlines actually CARED about their passengers' comfort-imagine that!

With that in mind, here's a Pan American Airlines documentary, circa 1959, about their then new Boeing 707 jet clipper.  In the film, you can see the stewardesses taking your coat and stowing it for you-wow!  These days, you're lucky if they help you get something into the overhead bin.  The seats, even in coach, are actually roomy; they're sized for normal humans!  They weren't the torture devices that they are today.

Anyway, let's start the documentary, and see just what we've lost as a culture and society...

MarkyMark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd say long distance jet travel is better then ever. Better airports, faster service, nicer aircraft and on and on.

I fly with my wife Toronto to Manila - last flight was $633 round-trip all taxes included on a 5-star airline (Japanese). Can't beat that. Airports were all amazing, food was excellent, jets very nice. Speaking of jets (the newest have way better cabin air pressure) with tablet and laptop outlets it's great - no more old CRT displays with movies you've seen! It's a long flight (when they had direct it was 14 hours, just over 13,000 km & the longest Toronto direct fight).

I really encourage MGTOW to see the world. It's never been a better time to travel! Oh, if you can take a drone for photos!

EW