13 March 2014

M-18 Hellcat

Guys,

I just watched this documentary again.  Yes, I've seen it before; the last time I saw it was with my late mother, who died two years ago.  My mom, born just before the beginning of WWII, was old enough to remember Pearl Harbor; she was a little girl when the attack happened.  Ma always loved & admired the WWII generation, which was one reason why she enjoyed this documentary you're about to see.  Not only did it depict a WWII machine; it was reunited with its commander, the guy who rode in it during the war.  Enjoy...




What I especially loved about this series of documentaries was that they were about guys doing guy stuff-rebuilding awesome machines!  No chickies here-can't break a nail now, can we?  I also like the connection to history featured in these documentaries.  I know that this particular episode choked me up when I finished watching it a few minutes ago.  Well, bye for now...

MarkyMark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great. I can imagine what he thought when he realized it was his own tank he was in.

Amazing.

Anonymous age 71

MarkyMark said...

Great. I can imagine what he thought when he realized it was his own tank he was in.

That's why this episode choked me up...

AAB said...

It's refreshing to see a programme featuring people working with each other rather than against each other. And also focussing their attention on the matter at hand rather than 'relationships'. That's what masculine team work is about: mutual co-operation.