03 October 2024

The ULTIMATE BachelorPad

Guys,

As you all may know, I LOVE Top Gun: Maverick! It's a great movie. It was the first movie I'd gone to see in a theater in years. There are many reasons I love the movie, but there's one that I've seen few discuss: Maverick lives in what has to be the ULTIMATE bachelor pad!




Before going to fly the Darkstar aircraft, Maverick comes out of his Airstream trailer that's parked in a HANGAR! He has a nice sitting area just outside the door occupying the hangar floor. Beyond the sitting area is his P-51 Mustang. How he affords a P-51 on a Captain's salary is anybody's guess, but this is the movies; we're supposed to dream big! Also in the hangar are some hot, vintage motorcycles, including the old, iconic Ninja he rode in the first Top Gun. As a guy who loves both airplanes and motorcycles, I would LOVE this as my bachelor pad!

Can you picture any woman going for this? HELL NO! Then again, we're guys; we're simple; we don't need much to live or be happy. While I like to say that I have the perfect bachelor pad (small, simple house with a four foot door from the garage to the basement, allowing me to keep my motorcycle INSIDE my house!), it's not. It's a good bachelor pad, yes; but it can't hold a candle to Maverick's crib. As I said, Maverick has the ULTIMATE bachelor pad!

No comments: